Saturday, June 16, 2007

On the reunion

For those out of state, I thought I would give a quick update on the reunion this past weekend (before I forget...professors tend to be a bit absent-minded).

Kristi (who apparently has never needed to dye her hair) would know the exact numbers, but I would say about 35 or so of us (from the class) were on the boat cruise Friday night and about 15 or so of us were at the picnic on Saturday. I didn't go to the street dance Saturday night but it sounded like a few people were going to that as well. Maybe someone can comment on that. [Note: I don't dye my hair yet either Kristi.]

There weren't any real surprises from my point of view. I had a bit of difficult time recognizing some folks (like Charlie Johnson, Jon Parrish, and Leah) but that can be expected. Others, like Wade, Gene, and Dwayne, were pretty easy to pick out.

If I remember right, Dianne Beltz Carraway (and Todd) joined us from Seattle, Amy Spyhalla Elmer from Chicago, and Kristi from North Carolina. All others were from MN, many pretty local.

I didn't take any photos (too busy talking I guess), but it would be great if someone would post a few. We took a sort of group photo at a Taylors Falls bar in the dark. That ought to turn out well...

At the picnic, many people brought kids. I thought it was neat to see Dan Linkert and Brenda (Crow) Linkert's kids. They look more like Brenda, but still a cool human experiment. Todd Rockensock, Terry Opine, and Gene Fisk showed up at the picnic on Saturday (but didn't make the boat on Friday night). Yes, Terry Opine. He has not changed much and has a family. He says he does taxes and teaches chess (yes, that's right) at Twin City schools. He scares me a bit (and he knows it). Todd is a finish carpenter and has a family. I have little doubt that Gene is enjoying life.

I got to talk with almost everyone for a little bit at least on the boat Friday night. They were all pretty nice to me, but their recollections of me didn't really match what I remember about myself. Jolynn (Kruse) mentioned that Lori (Carr) lives near St. Cloud. Maybe someone can send me her contact info. I'd like to drop by sometime.

No comments: