Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Lefto Update

As strange as it may sound, I went from a pre-law student at Hamline (Hi Kris) to one who has done Youth Ministry for the past seventeen years (nine of which were back in North Branch). I guess when one realizes she or he has a messed up teenage background, some of us feel led to help others get through it. My desire has also been to help others see how God has created them to be unique, full of value, and having the ability to positively impact others. I moved to Florida in August 2006 to complete my Masters degree with the intention to either (a)continue on to get my doctorate, or (b)find a place to teach others in the area of leadership of youth. We'll see what happens.

I have been married to a beautiful girl from Mora, MN (Kara Ostrom) for almost ten years and we have been blessed with three boys (Jakin - six, Asher - 4, and Eli - 2) that fill our lives with insane amounts of joy and craziness.

I've been trying to find a recent picture available with all of us in it, but I don't have one. So here are a few pics.

My 38th Birthday at Coldstone Creamery.














I love Pepsi. Kara loves Coke. Apparently, the kids love Mom.

1 comment:

Jon Discher said...

I'm throwing that fascinating thing right back at ya! I'm glad to hear you're doing something you enjoy ... that's wicked key to a happy life. What are you studying down there in Flahrida?

My little company does do some pretty cool work. Most of it is desk work -- tons of research and even more writing and conference calls -- however the field work more than makes up for it. Its way too much to explain here, but our website (http://www.lighthousetechnical.com/) gives a nice overview.

Hey -- I have your back on the Great Soda Debate ...